Buffalo Mac & Cheese has become one our mid-week dinner staples for a couple of reasons:
- Ease. From start to finish it only takes 40 minutes, one pot and a 8x8 casserole dish.
- Frank's Buffalo Sauce. Frank's Buffalo Sauce is everything!
- Leftovers! This recipe makes six servings, so we normally have it for dinner once, for lunch the next day and then we freeze two individual servings for those weeks when we are extra busy for an easy dinner.
What you need:
1 box Kraft Deluxe Dinner (or alternatively Velvetta Shells & Cheese)
1 tablespoon butter
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1 cup milk
1 large egg
1 cup Frank's Buffalo Wing Sauce
1 large chicken breast, cooked and diced
extra cheese & buffalo sauce for topping.
What you do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cook the macaroni according to package, reducing the boiling time on the macaroni by one minute.
- Drain the macaroni and pour it back into pot. Over medium low heat add cheese pouch along with the rest of the ingredients except for the chicken. Let this cheese/ macaroni mixture bubble slightly before stirring in the chicken. Remove from heat.
- Spray an 8x8 Pyrex (or casserole dish) with cooking spray before pouring the macaroni and cheese into the pan. Drizzle a light amount buffalo sauce over the entire casserole and then add another layer of shredded cheese to the top of the casserole.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes.