Summer is in full swing and this is my official drink of the season! White wine sangria with fresh peaches, blueberries and rum equals a flavor party in your glass.
What you need:
- 1 2-quart pitcher
- 1 bottle of white wine (I used Yellowtail Pinot Grigio)
- 1 cup light rum
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 peaches, peeled and diced
- 1 pint blueberries, washed
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 3 cups ginger ale (I use diet)
What you do:
- Beg your husband to uncork the wine, since he spent a bazillion summers in France and is an expert on the subject and you are too lazy to do it yourself. If you are less lazy or don't have a wine uncorking expert partner, skip this step.
- Pour all of the ingredients in the pitcher, except for the ginger ale and stir.
- Refrigerate for at least two hours.
- Before serving, add the ginger ale to the pitcher.